Wednesday, October 31, 2007

100 Mile Month

October marks the first month in which I ran 100 miles. I actually ended the month today with a 6 mile run that put my total at exactly 100 miles. The month included an 11 mile run and two twelve mile runs. The second of which went phenominally well. I felt like I could have "easily" run 15 that day, but decided to stick to the schedule and not get ahead of myself. I just checked my schedule (I'm following a personalized schedule I found on the Runner's World website) and found that I'm actually scheduled to run 141 miles in November. Should make for a long and productive month and get me ready for December 9th.

I'm also down to 205 pounds. I don't think I've put much in this journal about my weightloss (which was my sole goal when beginning this thing), but I'm currently down 35 pounds and feeling pretty good. While weightloss is still important, its become a bit of a secondary goal. The primary goal being to keep running races in an attempt to one day qualify for the Boston Marathon. Of course that goal is years away since I've yet to finish a single marathon, but hopefully it will keep me going.

1 comment:

Varner said...

Honey! I'm so proud of your hard work and your determination. Maybe one day I can enjoy running with you.